ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

It's been a year already!

Ally and I Mother's Day 2011
Ally playing in Jacob's sand table.



Ally and her Aunt Whitney


Ally playing peekaboo. This is her new game. She goes in her room, closes the door, and then knocks until one of us come and open the door.


Playing at the daycare's playground. Look at that big mouth!


Happy Baby!



Ally hunting eggs at her first Easter egg hunt.


Ally in her Easter dress on Easter morning.




One year ago today at approximately 4:00 pm my cell phone rang and it was Emily, our agency's China Coordinator. After waiting 6 days from when the first referral rumors came out, we finally got our "call". After over 4 years of waiting I actually wasn't prepared for the call. I was at colorguard try-outs in the band room and I had left in my classroom my list of referral questions to ask Emily. So I asked her if I could call her back in 5 minutes. But, before I let her hang up I asked if we were referred a girl or a boy. I will never forget her words, "You have a girl and she just turned 6 months old." With that news I ran to my classroom to call Emily and get all of our baby's information. Of course, you know the rest of the story....Yue Meidong born on 11-8-09 would meet us, her parents on 7-13-10 and officially become Allyson Marie Fenton, our beautiful and perfect daughter.

With the recent passing of my very first Mother's Day I thought I would list all the things(big and small) I absolutely LOVE about being Ally's mom.

.......I love coming in to Ally's bedroom when she's just woken up from a nap and she is standing up in her crib, her little head barely comes above the crib's railing and when she sees me walk in the room she smiles so big.

.......I love hearing her talk. Her voice is so angelic and innocent. I especially love when she jabbers to herself. She gets so animated!

......I love watching her learn new words. Her vocabulary is extensive for an 18 month old. Of course, I'm a wee bit biased, but I think she is was above average in her vocabulary development.

......I love seeing her figure out how things work, like turning on a light, buckling her seat belt, turning a door know, turning on a water faucet. She's a quick learner, which at times, can be a bad thing!

......I love her sweet little toes! Oh, my gosh, I just want to chew them up they are so precious. And, don't even get me started about how she curls those toes up and wiggles them around.

......I love her little butt cheeks. Nothing is as funny as a naked toddler running around the house. Seeing those little butt cheeks running away from me, I can't help but laugh. And, her butt cheeks are very little, like so little 18 month pants fall straight off her. Baby ain't got back!

.....I love seeing Ally dance. Anytime there is music playing, on the radio or TV, all I have to do is say "Dance baby" and she starts shaking her body, swaying back and forth, and waving her arms in the air. Unfortunately for her, she is like her Mommy and Daddy and has no rhythm.

....I love how Ally has become so accustomed to the lay-out of my school. She can find my classroom, her daycare, the copy room, the door leading to the parking lot, and where Debbie's(one of her Cynthiana aunts)is. She walks these halls like she owns the place!

.....I love witnessing her creating relationships with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I especially enjoy seeing her get close to Whitney, my sister. I know how much fun being an aunt is, so I know Whitney enjoys it too.

.....I love being called Mommy. I could listen to Ally call me Mommy all day long. It truly is music to my ears.

......I love walking into the daycare to pick Ally up and when she sees me she smiles and yells "Mommy" and runs to me.

.....And, I love when Ally gives me kisses and hugs. When she hugs people she says, "aah". It's so funny. Of course, most of her kisses are very slobbery, but I still love them!

Being a mommy is super hard. The worry about Ally's health and happiness is overwhelming. And I have to admit, I miss those times in my past when I could just go lay in bed and take a nap if I felt like it. But, motherhood is honestly, the most fun and rewarding thing I've ever done with my life. Before Ally, I had no purpose and at many times, no hope. But, now, my life is full of purpose and oh boy I have the most hope-filled life I could ever imagine.

Thank you Dear God!

1 comment: