ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was a very special day for our family. It was Abby's First Communion! She looked like an angel in her dress and veil. I thought she was the prettiest girl there and when I told her this she said, "I thought the same thing." Ha!




As we were driving to the church Ryan and I hit some MAJOR traffic. This brought out the absolute worst in me. I really didn't want to miss seeing Abby's big day especially since we had missed Emma's baptism last week(due to the flooding of our basement!). Every route we took took to get to the church had so much traffic. I was at my wit's end! I began to cry and may have said a few choice words about Lexington, my life, and even God himself. (It wasn't one of my better moments) Ryan was equally as upset, but he did manage to say the sweetest thing to me. (Keep in mind this "sweet" thing was in between his constant urging nag for me to "GO 65 mph" and "Just execute") One of my cussing rants had to do with my deceased mammaw and Ryan's recently deceased grandfather never being able to meet our daughter Ally. Ryan then assured me, "Honey they've already met Ally. In fact, they've been taking care of her until we get her." Amazing words and so comforting to me! I love imagining mammaw holding ally and watching over her while we are here waiting to see her picture. And, I know Ryan's grandfather, Robert is teaching her how to pray the Rosary.


Happy Mother's Day to my Mom Mary, My step-mom Amy, and my Mother-in-law Jan! Ryan and I couldn't have survived the past 4 years without their emotional and spirtual support. They are great role models for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment