ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Still waiting and Piggly Wiggly.

Last night Ryan and I received an email from Emily, our China Coordinator, she was letting us know that West Sands as of yesterday's mail, had not received our referral. So, we're still waiting. I can't wait until I can post some good news on this blog! It kind of feels like the Pony Express is bringing our referral package. I hope those ponies hurry up!


Onto another totally unrelated topic........................Have any of you ever heard of the grocery store chain the Piggly Wiggly? I had never seen one until I went to college. I rarely shopped there while at Murray State, I had no reason to. Well, each year when our family goes to Hilton Head, South Carolina for summer vacation, we stop by Piggly Wiggly to stock up on supplies. Last summer my sister and I really wanted to buy a t-shirt from there because they were so 'different' for lack of a better term. Fast forward to a few months ago when one of my students got back from Spring Break from Savannah, Georgia. This young lady came to school wearing a Piggly Wiggly shirt. She got excited that I knew exactly what the store was. So, we decided that today we would both wear our Piggly Wiggly t-shirts. We're going to take a picture(I'll post on here later.)

Oh, the excitement of my little world...............................................

4 comments:

  1. Why didn't you tell me, I would have worn my shirt to work.

    By the way, I am not waiting as patiently as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your composure during this wait. I would have called every hour on the hour for the past 4 days and every person at the agency would know me by the sound of my voice.

    Oh, and I would have worn my Piggly Wiggly shirt today too (even though I usually reserve it for band camp). Hoping to hear something today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey from Hilton Head! I hope your referral gets here NOW! Not fair you have to wait out these last few days like this! Anyway, we are home with our wonderful daughter from China just over a year now! Please let us know when you come to Hilton Head, we'd love to get together! We have a great FCC group here! And my travel group is coming this summer for our first annual reunion!
    So happy for you,
    Karyn khk22@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs F!!
    there use to be a piggly wiggly in Cynthiana!!!
    Right where sav a lot is right now by Lees. We have a pic of kinzie with the creepy pig mascot!!! ahaha

    Im so happy for you . Sooo sooo happy for you. Love you!
    Courtnie

    ReplyDelete