ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our Baby Shower

Today my sister Whitney and my step-mom Amy threw Ryan and me a baby shower. I've had visions and plans of what I wanted our shower to be, and luckily I was able to bring everything to fruition. Our closest friends and family attended. They gave us so many lavish and generous gifts. We are truly blessed to have these wonderful people in our lives. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

This was the delicious cake! My sister ordered it, she did such a great job! It was strawberry-flavored. Yum!!!


I had the Engineering class at school enlarge a map of China for me. Ryan and I took a picture of Ally's head and glued it on the map next to Nanchange which is the Province she was born and has lived. (I apologize for the glar, but I had to use a flash.) We titled it "Where is Ally?"


This is me standing next to Ally's 100 Good Wishes Quilt.

Ryan and me opening up gifts with the help of Abby. She had a blast!


More me and Abby opening up gifts.


This is the room where we ate all of the goodies. We had bright tableclothes, gerber daisy arrangements(artificial), and jar votive candle holders on each table. It was VERY festive!

This is what greeted people as they entered the building. Ryan had Ally's "buddha" picture(which is what I have nicknamed it) enlarged.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! on your referral. I love the cake, what a great job and something new and cute.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I would pop in and say hi. I found your blog on rumor queen, and as I scrolled down to read about your referral I realized we're "neighbors." We live in Northern KY and our baby girl Eva from Ethiopia is coming home in 2 weeks! Congrats on your sweet little Ally. She is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete