ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's a new day.

The past 4 days have been extremely difficult. On Thursday night Ryan and I were elated with seeing our daughter for the first time, 24 hours later we were both at the hospital when one mother saw her daughter alive for the last time.

I don't try to know why, it just makes me angry.

Over the past four year I've wanted this adoption to just happen already! At the beginning of the school year I thought I would be in China at this time and have the whole summer off with my baby. But, maybe God does have a plan. If I had been in China when the accident happened and not been here to support my kids, I would've been heart-broken.

So, it's time to start focusing on getting our Ally home to her Mommy and Daddy. This morning I over-nighted to our Kentucky agency(KAS):
1)The Letter of Acceptance
2)The Letter of Seeking Confirmation from Adopter
3)The Letter of Seeking Confirmation
4)The Family Profile

Next on my agenda is to print out a VISA application and begin to understand what I need to do to get those finished for Ryan and me.

I think tonight I'm going to email someone from Red Thread China about sending a care package to Ally. For those that don't know, a care package usually has an outfit, some candy for the nannies, a baby blanket, a disposable camera, and a translated letter from the adoptive parents. We can also request additional information about our daughter from the orphanage. The price is very reasonable too.


2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you need something from Old Kentucky Chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me but I'm a member of the RQ community. I just saw your referral picture and you say there she currently lives in Yugong county, but shouldn't that be YUGAN county. Because I instantly recognised the sweater, the chair and the background! She's from the same orphanage as my son! Yugan SWI in Jiangxi. We adopted him March of last year. If it is true that she is from Yugan, consider yourself extremely lucky, it is an amazingly open and coorporative orphanage. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me at ppvantilborg@hetnet.nl

    love,
    Hanneke from Holland

    ReplyDelete